Job spec: Senior Compliance Officer - Curaçao
Do you want a challenging international career where your skills are of great contribution to clients?
Would you like to work at one of the finest financial services companies based on the beautiful island of Curaçao? Would you like to work in a professional, hands-on, independent and informal environment?
THEN YOU COULD BE THE
SENIOR COMPLIANCE OFFICER
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGaming or online industry in Curaçao, Cyprus and Malta. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in these jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
At EM Group the definition of ‘compliance’ covers much more than rules. Our compliance agenda is not solely driven by regulations; we take time and effort to ensure that our processes are fit for purpose in order to understand and manage our risks. We focus on 'soft controls' instead of checklists and strongly encourage our employees to think for themselves. As every client is different, we look for a balanced approach rather than relying on rigid procedures and checklists.
As Senior Compliance Officer you are the onsite person responsible for compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements. You will be the second man next to our local Head of Compliance, sparring partner for our local Account Managers regarding compliance processes, take on independently compliance related projects in deliberation with Head of Compliance. Although based on Curacao, you will be part of our global Compliance team and will work closely together with our global Risk and Compliance community, maintaining EM Groups high international standards of business integrity. We are looking for a colleague with relevant experience to further support the compliance department and to aid the growth of the business with a professional, hands-on work mentality.
EM GROUP OFFERS:
- Great salary conditions
- 24 vacation days
- 8% holiday allowance
- Work week of minimum 32 hours + good work life balance
- Stable and successful company
- International team (10 offices worldwide)
- Career opportunities
- Internal education academy
- BBQ’s, social activities, sport events and
annual most popular pagara party
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assisting Account Managers with compliance issues during the client’s life cycle (e.g. client acceptance due diligence, transaction monitoring, periodic reviews and exit).
- Ensure that local Compliance policies, procedures and standards are properly implemented.
- In general liaising with colleagues on various compliance related topics, in particular related to the relevant legislative requirements such as the implementation of the 4th/ 5th MLD and the MDR.
- Taking part in specific local project groups and supporting the global Compliance Department on strategic projects.
- Providing input for the periodic compliance risk reports to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the Compliance Department with the design and roll-out of internal compliance trainings and the preparation of training materials.
- Identifies, initiates and coordinates independently compliance projects like audits and Scira.
- Participating in Client Acceptance Meetings, Internal Compliance Meetings, and Business Compliance Meetings.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor / Master degree in a relevant study (e.g. Law, Economics, Criminology);
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with online gaming or strong affinity with it;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing;
- A good understanding of risk management or eagerness to learn;
- Affinity with integrity, culture and governance requirements;
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills;
- The ability to work very independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical, pro-active and networking skills;
- Self-motivated and result-oriented;
- Ability to work on multiple issues, change priorities and organize workload.
Interested in this position or would you like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for? Please forward your motivation letter and resume to email@example.com or contact us on +59997471401.
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.